Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cromwell and Jadgtiger

Okay, its been a 2 weeks, now I am back. The Cromwell has to be put on hold. There are a couple of things that needed to be done first. It has to have more reverse chips in green, brown and black. After all, it is going to be an abandoned tank at the end of hostilities. Secondarily, because the 4 children that I have ordered has not arrived yet! I need them to make it look nice. Well, no choice. For collectors out there, sorry....just give me some time.


Well, for waiting, I need to start something new. One chap passed me a semi done Jadgtiger, one which I have bought for a year and not seemed to have taken off into making it happen. Well, now Heaven has presented an opportunity here to make for the first time, a German Jadgtiger. I have also a King Tiger Porsche Turret coming onstream soon as well.

For this project, I used a new method of painting. I tried spraying free style and found that it geometry is not very friendly to spray painting. Thereby, after failing the rear section, I decided to hand paint the model. I spray the thing black, then I feathered in the yellow sand colours and highlights.

Next I drew in the lines with a pencil and started to fill them with brown and the light green. I sprayed on some FUTURE to facilitate decalling.

Next, I used the chalks to darken the edges where the colours meet to produce a soft look. Then i dabbed on various colours of chalk,about 12 in all. I sealed them in 5 coats of diluted Vallejo flat varnish with glaze medium and some flow enhancer to achieve a smooth matte surface.

Click on the images to zoom in to see clearly the feathered edges. I will update the model next week when I am done with the figure and also the camouflage in pine and some other shrubs.