Saturday, November 22, 2008

Zaku For BAKUC 2008

Many at M Con 2008 asked about my whereabouts.....well, deep in work...also, waiting for the Grant CDL to be published in Model Military International in Issue 34, namely, January 2009.

Be sure to get one copy from M Workshop or Storm, I will sign them in blood for you....not mine though.....

Well, Was hard at work trying out my new chipping technique....and I did it with my first Gundam entry into BAKUC 2008. All along, I am coaching Dominique with his Gundams using my own tank techniques. This is the first time I have taken part.....

I chose the BAKUC over the M Con, not a political issue, but the prizes are attractive....mainly for mercenary reasons...and also the gang there are a bunch of surprises....as usual, master LEON will blow us all away....with his newspaper featured SCRATCH BUILT....Sangoku Den Horse Rider.....man....talking about planning and engineering...this guy is on his own world....can match the guy from Hong Kong that took the world title last year.

Here is my entry:-
The model was modified heavily, being the first MG kit from Bandai for the Zaku, this was bought years ago when police were still running around in shorts....in a dream world S$13.00 !!!!!
I had added alot of additional armour panels and loads of bolts and nuts, some nozzles, modified the feet etc. You can tell including the front Viffing vents. The amount I spent on Wave parts are 4 times the price of the actual money my brother paid for the model....

I also decided to paint the bazuka in two tone and weather age it. The model was first painted silver, then protected, then painted black and then scapelled to get all the chips!

I also thin sprayed the torso in silver and thin coated the surface with the pink to form a metallic transparent sheen...then chip it. You can see the effects on this picture.


In this picture, you can tell the additional armour panels, the nozzles, the chips, the metal cable lines, the magazine for the gun was first painted in silver, then in grey and then polished to reveal the silver a little to make it look like wear and tear.

Here is the rear view with the modified jet packs, tail wedge armours, the 4 tone pink colour scheme are especially exciting to me, I never weathered a pink model before....so this is a first for me and my brother. I also bought 2 decal sets at Sunshine hangout for this entry!!!


This is how it looked from the front. The chipping alone took 2 weeks of 3 hours per day!! Here you can see I added handles, knobs, viffing nozzles, additional armour for the pilot, two vector thrusters on the chest and nuts and bolts for the wast armour system with I also added reactive armour system as well as the croch area where I added a turning wheel. The body is painted in 3 tones, deep pink, metallic pink and gun metal as well as the body colour.


The complete model on the base.