Thursday, January 1, 2009

IDF 1982 Centurion Part 1

Painting it at long last......2 years on the shelf as yellow, brass, white plastic and green. This Tamiya converted Legend kit bashing is finally about to take on a coat of nice bruised paint.

  • I painted the whole thing black epoxy to give it a tough undercoat, as always.

  • I mist it with Mr. Colour, red brown, yellow, white and 123 green mixture and dust it 20%

  • I mixed the base with 30% 123, 10% Desert Yellow to build the solid colour

  • I lighted 10% sail colour to form the highlights and concentrate on the top surfaces

  • I panzer filtered it

  • I sand filtered it

  • I flat brown filtered it

  • I green filtered it

  • then I modulated a Vallejo Camo Green with Desert yellow, white, flat brown and yellow to form the pre chip patches




Here, you see that the colour has been modulated, and the filters and spluttering colours are blended with Tamiya Enamel thinners to get a patchy and yet, gravity modulated colouring. This gives the base model a interesting depth look to the colours.

The pre chip chipping with the very light green allows me to create some interesting patch work to break up the monotony of the body work.

Then I started to add in the small chips with my favourite Vallejo German C Black. This done dot by dot, 0.1mm dia at a time and not patches like the green.


The end result of the chipping modulated by the under pre-chipping. Expand the photo to have a clearer picture.