Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yul Bryner Ramses II, Ten Commandments

Second Project from Young B Song Series. Serious shit I realised that painting the hood is gonna be heck of a problem later. The figures are well cast with only clean up required at the left of the nose. Far better than the 1:6 scale Luke Skywalker solid 2kg worth of resin I recieved last week as a present from my brother!

I had always wanted to do a bust of the late great actor and musical singer, either in the King of Siam in the King and I or Pharaoh Ramses II from Ten Commandments. Finally when I came across this kit, I got to have a go at it.

The bust was coated with Gunze Surfacer 1000. Then Tamiya Flat Black can spray. Set to dry for 6 hours and drybrushed with Vallegio White. Then I mixed Sunny Skin Tone, Salmon Rose and Red Brown to form base colour of darkened skin and dry brushed on the skin sections.

The picture above is all the above steps done and washed and glazed with the base tone with a dash of Mahogany Wood Grain from Vallegio to smoothen the drybrushing.