Sunday, January 26, 2014

F14A Tomcat Part 4

Hi Guys,

Just back from the holidays and its 3 weeks of low period again for me for the Lunar New Year, which is great, as I am getting a whole new work desk and model display cabinet being custom made for me for $8000 bucks with 12 zone LED lighting! Hurray!

Wood of choice of the cabinet is thus. But work area shall be stainless steel! Hurray, my own personal self made to order hobby centre with paint display racks and power system coupled with 2 cubic meters of display space with 6 zones LED lighting from Hafelle Germany! Hurray!

Now back to the project. I just got all the ladder struggles over with the photoetched materials.


Then I finally got the weapons down and decalled properly from the expensive kit from Hasegawa.


I am just down to the leading wing root AIM 9 Sidewinders and thats it, once the airbrakes are in by the next 48 hours or so, the project shall be deemed complete! At long last! Then I will start to work on the new riveting tools that I just gotten recently and working on a new WW2 subject that brought me so levels of fame in both the competition arena as well as the magazines.

Awaiting Ejection Seats

The ejection seats in Hasegawa kit is a pain with the lack of decent details, however, its good enough with some painting. I have to paint the difference between the cushion and the parachute in the seat back and the lack of decals have me paint gibberish on red and white.

Seats are due to be mounted.

Have a good one this year of the HORSE, so, please also stop horsing around guys! Gong Xi Fa Chai everyone.