Tuesday, November 29, 2016

1/48 Trumpeter Su 24 Fencer Part 2

Many guys said to me that the XXXX is out of shape...the YYYY is not in the right position, the sides of the front fuselage is all wrong....yeah right....lets see if we get everything right and then put them next to my shitty plane that is all wrong and see if anyone really cared much about it besides only the saliva glue modelers.

Really, I do not really care about crap like this. I take a kit, build it up to the best of my ability, sit back and look at it and see my progress over the previous model. This is the most important for me.

Time to put on the decals for the bottom and the stencils. Boy do I hate stencils.

I did not melt the decals with my special source and I intend to do that only after I am done washing it with dark blue and brown washes.

Lots of scrubbing and washes to get the emblems to blend into the wing.

Application of dark blue followed by brown wash materials and left aside to dry for 4 hours.

Removal of the wash overhanging areas. Cleaning up vigrously.

Adding browns to the already cleaned up dark blues.

Cleaning up the blues and waiting for the browns.

Last traces of the browns ready for polishing up.

Top surfaces with vertical portions added with more dark browns in order to enhance the 3D profile of the beautiful plane.

I must say that I really loved the shape of this Trumpy outfit. Really sleek and graceful. Despite what people say of its misgivings, till now, I do not understand one bit nor I really cared, it stands out as one heck of a model to build just right out of the box alone! Till part three.....Tada.